Service Design Lead
Nacar is an award-winning Strategic Design Agency based in Barcelona, with an agile and international team of over 70 creative professionals. We work with all-size clients from across multiple sectors establishing solutions and product strategies that apply to Industrial, Digital, Brand and Service Design. We are looking for an inspiring Service Design Lead for one of our multinational clients’ customer experience design team.
About the role
The Service Design Lead will drive research, conception, and design of user-centered business innovations of all kind (products, services, and processes). This involves creating compelling visions for new solutions, as well as their dissimilation for “buy-in” at all levels. This role will be critical in driving high-impact design thinking throughout the client company and will have the opportunity to work alongside with excellent and highly specialized designers, engineers, and developers.
Keys to success for this role are solid skills in human centered design, good understanding of business models, and intrapreneurial soft skills.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of design thinking and other human centered innovation processes, obtained during a master’s studies in this field, or otherwise.
- You have already delivered several projects that include the design of user-centered value propositions for established businesses, start-ups, or other organizations. In a user experience team, as consultant, or in serious university-industry collaborative projects.
- You are an emphatic and inspiring professional who engages people of all types and levels. Ideally you work in sprints, you achieve goals and pivot when needed, showing a high level of agility. You know how to present in boardrooms, point out business benefits, and generate traction within organizations.
- A full time, permanent work-agreement (contrato indefinido)
- A salary in function of your educational background and experience
- Yearly job performance appraisal
- 26 paid vacation days, additional to bank-holidays
- Training program
- Team building activities
- Home-working support.
Please send your C.V. A short cover letter or portfolio of projects you have been involved in, are optional.
In case that you would like more information about this job offer, we invite you to upload your CV and request a phone call.
- 5-8 years of experience in business environment (company, entrepreneurship, consultancy)
- Master’s degree that is relevant to service/innovation design
- Experience deploying human-centered design techniques in different product and service design projects
- A portfolio with service/innovation design projects (ideally you led of some of them)
- Deep understanding of at least one design discipline (e.g. product design, UX, behavioral science)
- Strong synthesis skills, distilling complex data into actionable insights
- Strong ability to lead and moderate workshops
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural professional environment
- Full working proficiency in English.