Senior Service Designer
Nacar is an award-winning Strategic Design Agency based in Barcelona, with an agile and international team of over 70 creative professionals. Our roots lay in industrial design, but nowadays Nacar also includes a strategic design team, that collaborates with a fortune 100 client in innovation/new business development. This team contributes to the client’s transformation for the digital, networked, 21st century, by conceptualizing and prototyping new, human centered, products and services around technological capabilities. It consists of a lead, a PM and six designers from different disciplines, all located at the Nacar studio in Barcelona (Pobla Nou).
About the role
The Service Design Lead will drive research, conception, and design of user-centered business innovations of all kind (products & services). This involves creating compelling visions for new software solutions, as well as their dissimilation for “buy-in” at all levels. This role will be critical in driving high-impact design thinking throughout the client company and will have the opportunity to work alongside with excellent and highly specialized and talented designers, engineers, and developers.
Keys to success for this role are solid skills in human centered design, good understanding of business models, and intrapreneurial soft skills.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of design thinking and other human centered innovation processes, obtained during a master’s studies in this field, or otherwise.
- You have already delivered several projects that include the design of user-centered value propositions for established businesses, start-ups, or other organizations. In a user experience team, as consultant, or in serious university-industry collaborative projects.
- You are an emphatic and inspiring professional who engages people of all types and levels. Ideally you work in sprints, you achieve goals and pivot when needed, showing a high level of agility. You know how to present in boardrooms, point out business benefits, and generate traction within organizations.
- You are experienced in the conceptualization of software solutions. Now you are looking for a challenge to work in the entire customer experience.
- A full time, permanent work-agreement (contrato indefinido)
- A salary in function of your educational background and experience
- Yearly job performance appraisal
- 26 paid vacation days, additional to bank-holidays
- Training program
- Team building activities
- Home-working support.
- Master’s degree with 5-8 years of experience in business environment (company, entrepreneur, consultancy)
- Experience deploying human-centered design techniques in different product and service design projects
- A track record of 5+ successful innovation design projects (ideally some as lead)
- Deep understanding of at least one design discipline (e.g. Service design, UX, behavioral science)
- Strong synthesis skills, distilling complex data into actionable insights
- Strong ability to lead and moderate workshops and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural professional environment
- Full working proficiency in English.