About the Role
The DFM Engineer will form a part of a fast-growing team of enthusiastic engineers, part of a collaboration between Nacar design and a multinational client. This design engineering role, will be leading tool design projects, directly towards customers. This requires excellent communication skills in English, broad knowledge in mechanical design and manufacturing of parts/molds, and outstanding Project management skills. After receiving a training in the design process of tooling to be printed with Multi Jet Fusion technology, the DFM Engineer will start his/her tasks, contributing to the upscaling and streamlining of this innovative business.
You will interface with the customers in order to capture the requirements, will define the architecture and the key mechanical components of the tool ensuring alignment with the “design for manufacturability” (DFM) rules and will follow up the tool design and manufacturing until it is delivered to the customer. This will require close collaboration with the technical sales team, the MF technical design office designers and also with the factory and quality functions. You will:
- Be responsible of the development of molded fiber toolsets which includes capture customer requirements, assess project complexity, define the toolset architecture following MJF DfM rules, define the project timeline and track the progress, document the design, lead the design review sessions with the internal team and the customer and release the design to production;
- Provide consultancy to stakeholders involved on the process;
- Collaborate with the technical office manager, identifying and implementing improvements in the toolset development process;
- Technical liaison with the R&D organization for the development and implementation of new functionalities and capacities in the toolsets.
- You will travel to see customer and/or factory sites when needed to grow understanding for process and/or customer
- A full time, permanent work-agreement (contrato indefinido)
- A salary in function of your educational background and experience
- Yearly job performance appraisal
- 26 paid vacation days, additional to bank-holidays
- Training program
- Team building activities
- Home-working support.
Please send your C.V. A short cover letter or portfolio of projects you have been involved in are optional. We do need you to answer a few questions. Previously, we posted job-offers under the titles “Mechanical Design Engineer / Tooling Designer” and “Design engineers with parametric modelling and/or generative or computational design”. If you have applied for one on those openings, there is no need to apply again.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- Additional education in the field of “design for 3D printing” is highly valued
- Experience with mechanical systems of medium complexity, ideally tooling
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling
- Excellent CAD surface modelling skills in SolidWorks (advanced)
- Experience with related software, such as Houdini and nTop is a plus
- High level of curiosity, creativity, and flexibility
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in English
- You must be able to live and work legally in Spain.
- You must be located in the Barcelona area, to work at the customer site when needed