Design engineers with parametric modelling and/or generative or computational design
Nacar is an award-winning Strategic Design Agency based in Barcelona with an agile and international team of over 70 professionals. We work with all-size clients from across multiple sectors establishing solutions and product strategies that apply to Industrial, Digital, Brand and Service Design.
We would like to meet junior and senior engineers, who are moving into the field of generative design or computational design. We invite those who already have developed professional skills in these fields, as well as those with advanced skills in CAD-modelling, who plan to pivot or specialize in this direction.
You have an education in mechanical- or (industrial) design- engineering, or architecture. You are skilled in CAD-modelling, ideally of complex surfaces, probably as result of your first years of professional experience, or special efforts during your academic studies. You understand the motivation to create perfect surfaces, textures, and patterns. Most of all, you are a responsible, curious, and eager to learn: ready to actively participate in the execution and streamlining of innovative processes at our client’s brand-new site.
If that is you, please send us your CV, a brief portfolio that showcases the best of your modelling and answer a few questions. Optionally you can include a concise cover-letter.
- Design for HP Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology
- Develop yourself in the field of generative and computational design
- Depending your level of seniority, you will lead or execute the design and realization of tooling for different packaging and durable products
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our client’s processes
- Work for a Fortune 100 client, at their premises in the Barcelona area.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary and trans-Atlantic team, with a “start-up spirit”
- A professional environment and innovative technology
- A market-conform salary.
- University graduates as well as professionals with relevant practical education (e.g. “formación profesional”) in mechanical engineering, (industrial) design engineering or architecture
- Ideally you have a master’s degree or post-graduate education in a field related to generic design, computational design, additive manufacturing, or fast tooling.
- Demonstrable advanced modelling skills with Rhino and medium skills with SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, especially moulding and tool-design. Ideally also about additive manufacturing.
- Ideally you are skilled with software for generative design or computational design (e.g. Grasshopper, Houdini)
- A team player, who acts proactively to address client’s needs
- Working proficiency in English (B2, ideally C1) and specific vocabulary in the field of tooling and surface modelling
- You must be able to live and work legally in Spain.